Reduce runoff through infiltration while capturing and retaining sediment, heavy metals, nutrients, oils and floatables. This versatile Low Impact Development BMP is green infrastructure and so much more.
Hydro StormScape™ green infrastructure manufactured treatment device allows you to filter and infiltrate stormwater combining pollutant removal and runoff reduction into one biofilter. An open base allows trees, shrubs and hedges to live longer and thrive more quickly.
Hydro StormScape™ is a sophisticated departure from other “tree-in-a-box” bio filters because it’s not in a box. An open base is not only better for vegetation, it also allows you to keep more runoff on site.
Approvals & Certifications
1. Water flows in through the curb inlet and comes in contact with the flow spreading baffle wall.
2. Water is then redirected around the outer pretreatment chamber. This process causes the flow to slow, preventing media from being blasted into piles and avoiding an uneven treatment area.
3. Trash and coarse debris are captured and stored in the outer chamber while remaining flow enters through the baffle wall.
4. Eventually the flow seeps through the baffle wall into the interior treatment chamber. From here, finer particles and pollutants will be trapped on the top layer (3 inches or so) of engineered filter media.
5. Sediment and particulate pollutants are removed as the stormwater makes it way through the engineered filter media while dissolved pollutants will be absorbed through the root system.